...for all things crafty and charlie...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

my friend cheese...

...aaaahh cheese...the food of the gods. A good cheese and wine night, for me, is right up there with Christmas and surprise pressies from ones hubby (*nudge, nudge, wink, wink...cough...Tariq*), oh, and Charlotte OF COURSE. My swelling passion for cheese has grown steadily over the years, so much so that I'm RESOLUTE that when I retire (talk about planning ahead eh!?!) or win the lottery (preferable!) I will own a small yet productive herd of goats and produce my own range of deliciously popular artisan, raw milk cheeses (as by then the ridiculous ban on raw milk cheeses in Australia will have been graciously lifted!). So why all this random rambling about cheese you ask...WELL, I'm just a little excited because I received the cheese lovers HOLY GRAIL in the post the other day and I want brag about it: Written by the 'king of cheese' Will Sudd, Cheese Slices is a book on everything cheese, from the properties of cheese and cheese types to cheese history and cheesemakers.

  
Will Studd and book (courtesy of Google images)

 I've been following Will Studd's t.v. series for a number of years (as he travels the world seeking out small, farmhouse artisan cheesemakers and produce) and was utterly delighted to receive the box set for mothers day (thanks Charlie...and Tariq). Now that I have the book my quest is complete! So if, like me, you have a slight, yet cleverly concealed, obsession with cheese (that may be bordering on a psychological condition) please, please, please watch and read Will Studd's 'Cheese Slices'...you're in for a real treat!

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to that next cheese platter - extra exotic of course ... with lots of names I can't pronounce. Be prepared for me to complain about the size of my midriff for the following fortnight though! Mmm ... it's making me feel quite peckish. May need to go and get a piece of cheese. Oh, damn - only those plastic cheese slices in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...plastic cheese - 1% cheese, 99% sacrilege!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was actually simultaneous cheese ponderings on facebook when you posted this, Al was talking about the cheese we bought that is in the fridge and suddenly friends from all over the world had a cheese hankering, I am playing the lotto tomorrow (if I remember) and then you can make cheese, Charlie can feed the goats and Marcelle and I can eat the cheese... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a sign from the gods...will only need a small herd, and maybe a nice little patch of land up in Stirling...if that's ok with you ;)

    ReplyDelete