...for all things crafty and charlie...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Introducing...

'the lady in blue'... this doll was created as a gift for my grandma (Mona) for her 80..something (sorry Mona) Birthday which was way back in Jan! Being the somewhat perfectionist that I unwillingly am, I do believe I redid everything on this doll twice (except for the skirt buttons...they were redone into the double digits at the expense of my nerves)...thus the extreme 'overdue...ness'! The story follows...Mona Wills married Naish Quinn on the 28th June 1945, and ever the fashionista, ditched the puffy white dress for a sophisticated "duck egg blue" (to be specific!) fitted suit.




Such a handsome couple...reminds me of Rhett Butler and Miss Scarlett O'Hara (oh so romantic)

3 comments:

  1. You already know I think she is beautiful, but I will say it here officially for all to see and am also going to post about her on my blog, when I get home. I love 1) her marvellous eyelashes 2) her amazingly coiffed hairdo 3) her belly button and her overall elegance. It is a constant marvel to me that it was only 3 months ago that you thought, hey I might start sewing things and this is one of your extroadinary achievements in a blink of an eye.

    Your awesome crafty goodness is awesome :)
    xo
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's perfect!! The details are to die for. She is truely a work of art. You are very talented!!

    Mariella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to your gorgeous nanna. She has her sitting at home where she shows her off to whoever comes around. She is very proud of this beautiful gift and of you.

    ReplyDelete